Friday, November 25, 2011

Rehovot - רהובות


Okay, we arrived in Rehovot (רהובות) on Monday. After picking up the keys for my part-time accommodation, I went to meet my supervisor Ido Amit in the Weizmann Institute of Science. All I can say is that I am really really happy to be in the Amit group - everybody is so sweet and helpful! I used my first week to get organized and set up my Mac which comes with a Hebrew keyboard (!). The only thing that gives me a bit of a headache is the confusing organization of the Weizmann campus. The Institute is (literally) a huge park with tons of green (name orange, kumquat and passion fruit trees!) and a million of buildings randomly scattered throughout. Most of the buildings were built in the Memorial for somebody and all of them have long name. In fact the campus is a beautiful place to get lost! I am just loosing a little faith in my personal navigation skills. Its seems impossible to go anywhere in straight lines... I do own two maps: one of them is in Hebrew (think LONG names!), the other one doesn't have any building names at all (not very helpful). For some reason there are no maps whatsoever located anywhere on campus - maybe its to confuse people who don't belong here (think terrorists)??



the Weizmann campus is absolutely HUGE! I am getting lost on it on a daily basis


main gate of the Weizmann Institute of Science

Kumquat-trees on campus (תפוסיני)

The Wolfson Building where I work in the Department of Immunology

the particle accelerator (I heard nowadays they throw huge parties in that building)




No comments:

Post a Comment